Last weekend we were invited to stay at the Beach Road Holiday Homes at the Noosa North Shore, for 2 nights so we could enjoy the local area and write up our experiences in a review.
Before we left home for the weekend getaway, I checked out their website, so I already knew that we were in for a pretty wonderful experience. Our hosts Jo and Peter sent us an email prior to our departure suggesting we *bring any groceries that we needed for the house as once we arrived we wouldn’t want to leave!*
They weren’t wrong!!
This is 5 star accommodation at family friendly prices. It is where you can escape the hustle and bustle of Noosa without sacrificing your comfort. We loved it so much we are booking to go back.
Here is what we loved and why you should look into staying here too!
How to get to Noosa North Shore
We left on a Friday afternoon and it was a pretty easy drive up the motorway from Brisbane to Noosa North Shore. We followed our sat nav to the end of Moorindi Street and lined up to drive on the Noosa North Shore Ferry. Luckily it wasn’t busy and we were on in around 10 minutes. It took about 4 minutes to make the crossing and cost $8.
Get Out with Kids Tip: The ferry only takes cash but they will give you change.
From the ferry, the Beach Road Holiday Homes were an 8 minute drive! Super easy and super close!
Address: 90 Beach Road, Noosa North Shore
Ph: 07 5440 5696
Website: see below
Reception & check in
Once you find your way to the Beach Homes Resort, you will need to check in. We were met by Jo and Peter who gave us a warm welcome, knew our names and told us about the local area. It felt really personal and inviting! 🙂 As we were staying during Covid-19, we had to complete an additional contact tracing declaration, but it was still super quick and easy. We were given our keys and a map and the 4 digit code to the gate and we were on our way to our lovely 3 bedroom house.
About Beach Road Holiday Homes
Beach Road Holiday Homes is a unique destination, set on 10 hectares on Noosa North Shore amongst some of the most stunning natural bushland in South East Queensland and bordered by a 50 km stretch of surf beach, Noosa River, Lake Cooroibah, Lake Cootharaba and the Noosa Everglades. The homes are surrounded by 68,000 hectares of National Park and exquisite natural beauty.
We loved that the home was full of air, light and space where our family could settle in and relax. in a comfortable luxurious space.
Our house (number 6) at the resort
Even though it was a 3 bedroom home, this house was HUGE!! We had two master bedrooms with ensuites and another bedroom with single beds for the kids. My sister and brother-in-law came with us on this trip. You could definitely have two families sharing this house (and splitting the costs!) 😉
Let me show you around:
(Totally me in that photo above ^^^ 7 years I have been doing this, yet still manage to capture myself in bathroom mirrors! #amateur!)
From the minute we walked in, we knew we were going to love it. It felt new and modern and clean and comfortable. The kids literally squealed with delight at their bedroom and the screened deck where they used the table to set up an impromptu ping pong game within minutes of arriving!
Our house included:
- open floor plan
- fully equipped kitchen
- 2 door fridge with ice maker
- kettle, toaster, cutlery, crockery
- coffee & tea and washing up requirements
- three bedrooms which slept up to 6 people
- 2 master bedrooms with ensuites
- 1 bedroom with four single beds (bunks + 2 singles)
- all linen is provided (but BYO beach towels)
- multiple living spaces
- large screened deck with BBQ
- good quality wifi
All the rooms, including the indoor living areas have air-conditioning with reverse cycle, which was awesome as it was a bit chilly at night, so we popped on the heat setting.
I am told homes can be adapted to suit the configuration of the family that has booked!
But wait there’s more…
Right near us (literally on the other side of the trees) was the resort’s leisure centre!
Resort leisure centre
Included in your accommodation price is the exclusive use of their leisure centre. Again, the kids did not waste any time high-tailing it down there to check it out and report back. It did indeed have a pool which was heated so we agreed they could swim after dinner.
As well as the gorgeous pool, the fully fenced leisure centre facilities include:
- A heated spa
- Poolside BBQs
- Tennis courts
- Pool/billiards table
- Media room
- Relax with a glass of wine whilst watching the kangaroos gather on the lawn.
- Children’s pool and playroom.
- Huge lawn/green space where you can play sport of watch the kangaroos graze
Where’s the beach?
So, as I mentioned, this resort is on Beach Road. So we needed to find the beach! A short 5 minute drive or 30 minute walk (just 2 kms) down the road we found (wasn’t hard, it wasn’t hiding!) the most beautiful beach. White sands… clear waters with waves that were big enough to entertain the kids but not so big that they dumped them too hard! It was cooler the day we went, so there was more sandcastle building than there was swimming… but they were happy so we were happy!
Do they have any special offers at the moment?
Yes! And they are keen for me to tell you about their current holiday offers.
Got any holiday tips for us?
Of course we do! 😉
- Take groceries as they have a small ‘general store’ nearby but you have to cross on the ferry again if you want to go to a larger supermarket.
- If you don’t want to cook, the Noosa North Shore Retreat, just across the road from Beach Road Holiday Homes, is open for lunch and dinner every Friday and Saturday and for lunch on Sundays. The Bistro is open for extended hours over the school holidays.
- Take bubble bath as they have good sized bath tubs, perfect for soaking.
- Talk to your friends and get them to split the cost of a house – they are huge and perfectly set up to host two families!
- You can book horse riding holidays from here too… it is now on my bucket list!
- Jo and Peter are lovely, they can hook you up with fishing trips, bike rides and more. DO ask them when you book if you have something on YOUR list!
- Start planning your trip to Noosa with this list of things to do in Noosa with kids!
We would like to thank Tourism Noosa for arranging our stay and Beach Road Holiday Homes for hosting us. All the opinions in this article, as always, are our own and honest.
Enjoy! If you have any questions, Please feel free to ask me!