If you’re looking for the best kid friendly pubs in Brisbane, let me tell you about it! The Get Out With Kids family LOVES a good pub, so we went ahead and compiled our favourites into this article! You’re welcome 😉
Brisbane, QLD is a vibrant and family-friendly city with a thriving food and beverage scene. There are plenty of kid-friendly pubs to choose from, whether you’re looking for a place to have a relaxing meal with the family or to let the kids run around in a beer garden. This article will provide you with a list of the 19 best kid-friendly pubs in Brisbane, each with its own unique offerings and amenities.
The 19 best pubs in Brisbane for kids
1. Lord Stanley Hotel: Located in East Brisbane, the Lord Stanley Hotel is a vast watering hole and family-friendly bistro with a relaxed atmosphere. It offers outdoor dining, trivia nights, live music, and a dedicated kids’ menu.
Address: Corner of Stanley Street East, Didsbury St, East Brisbane QLD 4169
2. Breakfast Creek Hotel: This French Renaissance-style pub in Albion has 5 bars, including a rum bar, a steakhouse, and a beer garden. It also has a kids’ menu and a playground.
Address: 2 Kingsford Smith Dr, Albion QLD 4010
3. Mr Edward’s Alehouse & Kitchen: Located in Brisbane CBD, Mr Edward’s Alehouse & Kitchen is a gastropub that offers delicious food, a great selection of drinks, and a relaxed atmosphere. It has a kids’ menu and a dedicated kids’ play area.
Address: 46 Edward St, Brisbane City QLD 4000
4. The Glen Hotel: Situated in Eight Mile Plains, The Glen Hotel was recently renovated and has a large deck that overlooks the Kids’ Playground. It has a kids’ menu and a variety of family-friendly activities.
Address: 24 Gaskell St, Eight Mile Plains QLD 4113
5. The Belvedere Hotel: This pub in Woody Point has a great atmosphere and a large beer garden with a playground. It also has a kids’ menu.
Address: Cnr, Oxley Ave, Woody Point QLD 4019
6. The Norman Hotel: Located in Woolloongabba, The Norman Hotel has a great kids’ menu and a dedicated kids’ play area with a cubby house, books, and toys.
Address: 102 Ipswich Rd, Woolloongabba QLD 4102
7. The Hamilton Hotel: Located in Hamilton, The Hamilton Hotel has a great kids’ menu and a dedicated kids’ play area. It also has a large beer garden.
Address: 442 Kingsford Smith Drive, Hamilton QLD, 4007
8. Sandstone Point Hotel: Situated in Sandstone Point, Sandstone Point Hotel offers a relaxed atmosphere, a large beer garden with a playground, a dedicated kids’ menu, and regular kids’ events.
Address: 1800 Bribie Island Rd, Sandstone Point QLD 4511
9. Carina Leagues Club: Located in Carina, Carina Leagues Club has a relaxed atmosphere, a large beer garden with a playground, a restaurant, a sports bar, and a function room.
Address: 1390 Creek Rd, Carina QLD 4152
10. Koala Tavern: The Koala Tavern is a scenic pub located in Capalaba. This gorgeous establishment has a wide variety of fairly priced options on their menu; their Caesar salad won’t disappoint. The huge outdoor area is perfect for kids. When we visited, my eldest climbed atop the massive fenced playground, while the little one ran and played tiggy with the other kids on the grass. This is the best pub if scenery is what you’re after; the beautiful, open establishment combined with the stunning views is simply a treat.
Address: 36-40 Moreton Bay Rd, Capalaba
11. Albany Creek Tavern: The service at Albany Creek Tavern was simply to die for. Their charming dining area expands both indoor and outdoors, making it the best spot regardless of the weather.
Address: 730 Albany Creek Rd, Albany Creek
12. Felons Brewing Co: Felons Brewing Co takes kid friendly to a different level! This pub has an outdoor playground and indoor games set up inside, guaranteeing a fun time even if it rains. Located right under the famous Story Bridge, the scenic views from our table were my favourite memory from the night! Not only that, but their food was so good, I had to get two servings, one to take home.
Address: 5 Boundary St, Brisbane City
RELATED: For more things to do with your kids, check out our things to do with teenagers in Brisbane article.
13. The Bearded Dragon: The Bearded Dragon is known for it’s gorgeous views, at Tamborine Mountain; a great location for families. The varied menu has lots of options for even the fussiest eaters. My kids simply could not get enough of the outdoor play area, as there was plenty of space for them to run around and climb and play on the playground. This is the best kid-friendly pub in Brisbane if a day trip is what you’re after, as Tamborine Mountain has a lot of hidden gems for your family to explore. My kids loved the picturesque surroundings, my youngest daughter even told me she felt like Tinkerbelle.
Address: 2-22 Tamborine Mountain Rd, Tamborine
14. The Full Moon Hotel Sandgate: Located in Sandgate, The Full Moon hotel is one of the most loved places in Brisbane. Featuring live music acts, great cocktails, and a chic indoor dining space, how could this get any better? With a newly added indoor kids play area, where your children can safely play while you enjoy your well earned night. My kids loved playing pretend in the treehouse play-area, complete with a tree swing and a pretend kitchen. What’s better than encouraging their imagination? There are over 34 beers on tap, and all food served is sourced locally and organically. Even my fussy eaters devoured their entire plate here!
Address: 118 Eagle Terrace, Sandgate
15. The Glen Hotel: The Glen Hotel is a fantastic pub for families. The hotel features an awesome gaming room, which is perfect for both kids and teenagers. Not only this, but during school holidays, various activities are held here just for your little ones, including special holiday themed workshops. For more information, head on over to the hotel’s website.
Address: 24 Gaskell St, Eight Mile Plains
16. Mango Hill Tavern: Mango Hill Tavern is one of the best kid friendly pubs in Brisbane. My family and I had lunch here not too long ago, and let me tell you, we licked our plates clean. Even the little one, who is the fussiest eater I have ever met, asked for seconds. For seconds! Their food is delicious, we could not get enough of it. Not only this, but Mango Hill Tavern has a spacious kids playroom. We will definitely be coming back!
Address: Cnr Anzac Ave and, Halpine Dr, Mango Hill
RELATED: If you’re still craving a sweet treat after your delicious meal, check out our article detailing the best cat cafes in Brisbane. Here you can grab not only dessert, but also lots of purrfect cuddles.
17. Pineapple Hotel: The Pineapple Hotel has been a treasured spot in Brisbane for almost 150 years now. They consistently cater to both adults, kids, and families alike. Not only do they have one of the best kids menus I have ever seen, but they have an indoor play area to keep the kids busy.
Address: 706 Main St, Kangaroo Point
18. Alexandra Hills Hotel: Not only does the Alexandra Hills Hotel have a spacious outdoor garden, perfect for the kids to run around and tire themselves out in, but they also have a tech savvy gaming room! This kid friendly pub in Brisbane caters to each and every member in your family.
Address: Alexandra Hills Hotel, 332 Finucane Rd, Alexandra Hills
19. Browns Plains Hotel: The newly renovated Browns plains Hotel is now one of the top destinations for all families. With a brand new playground and a spacious outdoor dining area, families are sure to enjoy their meal here. Pub classics served here include my personal favourite: the Mac and Three-Cheese.
Address: 64 Browns Plains Rd, Browns Plains
Additional Tips for Choosing a Kid-Friendly Pub
Here are a few additional things to keep in mind when choosing a kid-friendly pub in Perth:
- Look for a pub with a dedicated kids’ menu.
- Check to see if the pub has a playground or other outdoor play area.
- Make sure the pub has plenty of space for kids to run around.
- Choose a pub with a relaxed atmosphere where you’ll feel comfortable bringing your kids.
With so many great kid-friendly pubs to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect best pubs for kids Brisbane for your next family outing. Whether that’s in the school holidays, after school or on the weekend!