Though cooking and cleaning may be an unglamorous aspect of Christmas Day lunch, Melbourne, VIC may have the solution. Spanning across the city are plenty of places to have Christmas lunch, ranging from all you can eat smorgasbords to multi-course meals. Whether you’re craving, seafood, roasted meats, sweet desserts, or anything in-between, Melbourne holds plenty of restaurants open on Christmas Day to satisfy every member of the family.
Eager to uncover some exciting Christmas lunch ideas? This article will provide a list of places to have Christmas Day lunch in Melbourne.
This list contains both confirmed and unconfirmed Christmas Day lunch options. Please note anything with 2023 next to the name is confirmed, and anything without is not, and displays 2022 information.
- Aria Lounge 2023
- Matilda 159 Domain 2023
- Arbory Bar And Eatery 2023
- Melbourne River Cruises 2023
- Duke of Wellington 2023
- Pure South Dining 2023
- Eureka 89 2023
- The Windsor 2023
- Bistro Guillaume 2023
- The Taxi Kitchen 2023
- The Duke of Wellington Hotel 2023
- The Cliveden Bar And Dining 2023
- Hophaus German Bar And Grill 2023 – SOLD OUT
- Allegro 2023
- The Brighton Savoy – Not Hosting in 2023
Aria Lounge 2023
The Aria Lounge of the Langham Hotel delivered families a sweeter Christmas Day lunch, with a spectacular high tea dining experience. Last year, the menu was available from 12 pm and 3 pm and included sandwiches, scones, roast turkey, quiche, pudding, tarts, and much more. Otherwise, the Melba Restaurant was open for Christmas Day breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with an extensive menu to suit every member of the family.
Phone: 1800 641 107
Address: 1 Southgate Ave, Melbourne VIC 3006
Website: See the Langham Hotel website here
Matilda 159 Domain 2023
The Matilda 159 Domain is open for Christmas Day lunch. They’ve designed a special Christmas lunch set menu featuring both signature favourites and new dishes to try. Enjoy your Christmas with them at one of two sittings
Phone: (03) 9089 6668
Address: 159 Domain Rd, South Yarra VIC 3141
Arbory Bar And Eatery 2023
Christmas Day lunch at the Arbory Bar And Eastery is kicking off again this year. The experience offers visitors 3 shared courses alongside a 2-hour beverage package – including wine, beer, cider, and soft drink. Minimum spend $85pp and $45pp for children under 17 years old (max 1 child per adult).
Phone: (03) 9614 0023
Address: 1 Flinders Walk, Melbourne VIC 3000
Website: See the Arbory website here.
Melbourne River Cruises 2023
Families can enjoy a delicious Christmas Day lunch while floating along the Yarra River with Melbourne River Cruises. Running from 12 pm to 3 pm, prices start at $265.
Phone: (03) 8610 2600
Address: Berth 2, Southbank Promenade, Southbank VIC 3006
Duke of Wellington 2023
Three courses for adults and two courses for children are available at the Duke Of Wellington for Christmas Day lunch. The menu featured all the favourites, including salmon, tarts, roast turkey, fish, pudding, pavlova, and more. Prices for the event were $145 for 3 courses.
Phone: (03) 9810 0066
Address: 146 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Pure South Dining 2023
A special occasion dining experience to be shared with friends & family; driven by quality produce from the best farmers, fishermen and artisan producers of Tasmania, King Island & Flinders Island. They have 2 special offers to enjoy: both of these festive menus from Executive Chef David Hall are paired with a premium
list of beverages, with a few surprises included.
Phone: (03) 9699 4600
Address: 3 Southgate Ave, Southbank VIC 3006
Eureka 89 2023
For families on the hunt for a Christmas Day lunch with spectacular views, Eureka 89’s dining experience is a popular choice. The 4-course meal includes caviar, prawns, turkey, and sticky date pudding. Prices for the experience are $350 for adults, $200 for teenagers, and $110 for children under 12 years of age.
Phone: (03) 9693 8889
Address: Level 89, Eureka Tower, 7 Riverside Quay, Southbank VIC 3006
Website: See the Eureka 89 website here
The Windsor 2023
Traditional festive fare such as the prawn cocktail, glazed ham and turkey are reimagined, as are the sides of roasted potatoes, glazed carrots and Brussels sprouts. Settle in to a delicious Christmas feast with a twist, over six courses spread over 15 dishes. Free flow beverages including wines, beers and non-alcoholic drinks are included. $129 per person.
Phone: (03) 9633 6000
Address: 111 Spring St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Website: See the Windsor website here
Bistro Guillaume 2023
Join in with your loved ones at Bistro Guillaume this Christmas Day, with a feast of modern French cuisine to be discovered. Christmas lunch is a five course menu. Lunch will also include a glass of Veuve Clicquot NV.
Adults – $250 | Children – $125
For further information visit the Bistro Guillaume website here.
The Taxi Kitchen 2023
Enjoy a festive banquet that is filled with the magic of Christmas at Taxi Kitchen. Offering a well-crafted five–course menu that has been carefully curated by Executive Chef Tony Twitchett and team.
Enjoy spectacular Melbourne CBD views, a glass of sparkling on arrival, and other additions to create memories of a special day.
Monday 25th December, from 12pm (last booking at 2.30pm)
Price: $220 adults, $110 Children
The Duke of Wellington Hotel 2023
Christmas lunch at Melbourne’s oldest pub is one of the cheapest around, but don’t let the price fool you. The Duke’s menu is a stunning selection of traditional favourites with an exotic twist. There’s a 3-course menu for adults and a pared-down 2-course offering for kids. There’s also a special 3-course vegetarian menu. Seatings are available at 11am and 2pm.
The main menu features:
- Starters of oysters, Queensland prawns, Yarra Valley tomato and buffalo mozzarella, and local cold cuts, pork terrine and Mount Zero olives
- Bourbon and apricot glazed leg ham
- Slow cooked turkey with currant, fig and chestnut stuffing, cranberry sauce
- Traditional roasted vegetables, summer greens, and a leaf and herb salad
- Christmas pudding soaked with cognac and a vanilla bean custard
- Little fruit mince pies and new season cherries on ice
The vegetarian menu includes:
- Starters of crispy oyster mushrooms, compressed rockmelon, honeydew and crunchy iceberg, Yarra Valley tomato and buffalo mozzarella, and yellow squash and zucchini terrine
- Glazed and smoked eggplant, spiced eggplant puree, confit garlic, mustard see sauce
- Roasted heirloom pumpkin stuff with puffed grains and seeds, yoghurt, sweet currants, cranberry sauce, roasted vegetables and onion gravy
- Traditional roasted vegetables, summer greens, and a leaf and herb salad
- Vegan Christmas pudding soaked with cognac and a vanilla bean coconut custard
- Little fruit mince truffle with fruit and brandy soaked sponge, and new season cherries on ice
Adults – $145 | Children (12 years and under) – $45
Book your place on the Duke of Wellington website or phone (03) 9810 0066.
The Cliveden Bar And Dining 2023
The Cliveden Bar served up a generous Christmas Day dinner for families to enjoy. Though the lobster was a standout option on the menu, visitors could also try the turkey, antipasto, charcuterie, ham, and a chocolate fountain to finish off the meal. Prices for the experience start from $365 per adult.
Phone: (03) 9412 3013
Address: 192 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne VIC 3002
Hophaus German Bar And Grill 2023 – SOLD OUT
Dining at the Hophaus German Bar And Grill for Christmas lunch will deliver families with plenty of delicious cuisines to enjoy. The menu includes the popular glazed roasted turkey, as well as honey roasted ham. Potential announcements for Christmas Day lunch may be found on the venue’s website later this year.
Phone: (03) 9682 5900
Address: MR5/3 Southgate Avenue, Southbank VIC 3006
For those on the hunt for a Christmas Day dinner, the Allegro restaurant may be a suitable option. Feast on a generous selection of cuisine created to be shared amongst your table. Revel in kingfish ceviche with summer flowers, baked Murray cod in salt crust and for dessert, traditional Christmas pudding with cognac crème anglaise to name a few.
Phone: (03) 9635 2222
Address: The Westin Melbourne, Level 1/205 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Website: See the Allegro website here.
The Brighton Savoy – Not Hosting in 2023
Christmas day at the Brighton Savoy is reviewed as ‘one of the best places for Christmas Lunch in Melbourne’. Entrée is a seafood tasting plate, main is carved meat and dessert includes plum pudding. Prices start at $299
Phone: (03) 9592 8233
Address: 150 Esplanade, Brighton VIC 3186
Best Christmas Lunch Melbourne
Melbourne families are gifted with an abundance of Christmas lunch ideas, with countless restaurants open on Christmas Day to choose from. Whether you’re in the mood for a seafood buffet, a 5-course meal, or all the turkey you can eat, there’s an option available to suit every member of the family.
If you’re thinking of heading out for a Christmas Day lunch as opposed to cooking and cleaning, consider visiting one of these venues.
Looking for more things to do in Melbourne with kids?
- School holiday activities Melbourne
- Water parks in Melbourne
- Trampoline parks in Melbourne
- Strawberry picking Melbourne options
- Dog friendly beaches and swimming holes in Melbourne
- Camping ideas for Melbourne families
- Camping with dogs around Melbourne
- Things to do in Melbourne with teenagers
- Rainy day activities in Melbourne
- How to get discount Werribee Zoo
- How to get discount Melbourne Zoo tickets
- Day trips from Melbourne with kids
- Great Ocean Road trip with kids
- Best high tea options for kids in Melbourne
- Places where kids eat for FREE in Melbourne
- Best seafood buffets Melbourne
- Best buffets in Melbourne
- Vietnamese restaurants in Melbourne
- Best sushi in Melbourne for kids
- Gluten free restaurants in Melbourne for kids
- Australia Day restaurant options
- Kid Friendly pubs in Melbourne